This website and related applications are owned and operated by Macmillan Learning. Throughout the site, the terms “REEF Education”, “we”, “us”, and “our” refer to Macmillan Learning.
THIS IS AN IMPORTANT LEGAL DOCUMENT. IT GOVERNS YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE, AND ANY RELATED APPLICATIONS. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY.
Macmillan Learning respects the privacy of our users. Please take a few minutes to review the privacy notice applicable to this site.
Purposes of Our Site
Personal Registration for REEF Education Services
You are required to register for an account before you can use REEF Education Services. Registering allows your facilitator/instructor to associate your identity to your REEF Education communications and credit you for your participation. Once registered, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account’s login credentials, and remain responsible for all activities that occur under your account with or without your knowledge. If you knowingly provide your login credentials to another person, your account privileges may be suspended or terminated. You may not transfer your account to another party. If you transfer or attempt to transfer your rights to another person, the rights granted hereunder will automatically terminate. You agree to immediately notify Macmillan Learning of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. Macmillan Learning will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this section.
Registration includes a free 14-day trial period for REEF Education Services. Once the trial period expires, your access to REEF Education Services will automatically expire unless you purchase subscription time. Subscription time may be purchased using a credit card online, through in-app purchase using the iOS or Android app, or through bookstores that sell access cards with printed subscription codes. Your access to REEF Education Services will continue until your subscription time expires (unless sooner terminated pursuant to this Agreement). Purchases of REEF Education are non-refundable; participants/students should use the trial period to determine if REEF Education is appropriate for their needs. Once an account is created with REEF Education, it is non-transferable to another user.
You are required to register for an account before you can use REEF Education Services. Registering allows you to create courses and host polling sessions. Once registered, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account’s login credentials, and remain responsible for all activities that occur under your account with or without your knowledge. You may not transfer your account to another party. If you transfer or attempt to transfer your rights to another person, the rights granted hereunder will automatically terminate. You agree to immediately notify Macmillan Learning of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. Macmillan Learning will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this section.
Information and Functionality on the Site and/or Related Applications
The material that appears on this site and/or related applications is for informational purposes only. Any reliance on the material on this site and/or related applications is at your own risk. This site and/or related applications may contain information provided by other users (including your facilitators/instructors). Macmillan Learning will not verify the accuracy of any information submitted by users, and the opinions and views expressed by users are not those of Macmillan Learning and are not endorsed by us. Macmillan Learning does not make any representation or warranty regarding rights in materials submitted by users. In the course of using this site and/or applications, users may provide information about themselves to other users. You understand that Macmillan Learning does not guarantee the identity of any other user with whom you may interact, or the authenticity of any information the user may provide about him/herself.
We reserve the right to modify, add or remove content, features and/or functionality available through the site and/or related applications in our sole discretion.
Use of Materials From This Site
This site, related applications and their respective contents, including but not limited to all tools, software, files, graphics and data (the “Materials”) are the property of and owned by Macmillan Learning or its licensors and are protected by copyright, trademark and other laws of the United States and other countries. Macmillan Learning grants you a personal, revocable, non-exclusive and non-transferable right to access and display the Materials for your own personal, non-commercial use. You may not access this site and/or related applications through a single account on more than one computer or computer system or device concurrently. Multiple use configurations and network distribution of this site or any content or features on the site are expressly prohibited. You may not modify or delete any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notice that appears on any Materials on this site and/or related applications. Macmillan Learning does not purport to grant any rights to materials appearing on this site and/or related applications that are not copyrighted in the name of Macmillan Learning, including material submitted by any user of the site and/or related applications and does not make any representation or warranty of any kind concerning rights in such materials.
No Framing. Without the prior written permission of Macmillan Learning, you may not frame or establish inline links to any REEF Education Services or Materials which require registration to access, nor may you incorporate into another website or other product or service any intellectual property of Macmillan Learning or any of its licensors. Use of manual or automated devices or other processes to “crawl” or “spider” any part of this site is strictly prohibited. Requests for permission to frame, or to establish inline links to, or otherwise incorporate our online content may be sent using the contact information at the end of this document.
Material You Submit
Your questions, responses, and response feedback will be transmitted to/from facilitators/instructors and participants/students and stored on Macmillan Learning servers. You may not upload to, distribute, submit or otherwise publish through this site and/or related applications any content that violates any of the Usage Rules, below.
If you are a facilitator/instructor or participant/student submitting materials for use in connection with a course, you grant Macmillan Learning and its affiliates the right to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such materials in connection with the course on this site, any successor site and/or any related applications.
With respect to any materials you submit through this site and/or related applications (“User Content”):
- You represent and warrant that: you own or otherwise control all necessary rights to grant the rights you grant hereunder; and that you have not violated the section entitled “Usage Rules”, below.
- You acknowledge that if in our opinion the User Content raises any legal risks, we have the right to exclude such User Content from the site and/or related applications without any prior notice to you.
In connection with your use of this Site and/or related applications, you agree:
- Not to submit material that infringes the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or privacy, or any other proprietary or personal right of any third party; and not to submit any material that is subject to any such right(s) unless you are the owner of such right(s), or have first obtained from the owner of such right(s) all necessary rights and permissions to grant the rights in such materials you grant under the section entitled “Material You Submit”, above;
- Not to submit material that is unlawful, defamatory, abusive, obscene, indecent, lewd, pornographic, violent, threatening, discriminatory, or otherwise objectionable;
- Not to make any personal attack on any person, firm or company;
- Not to submit, or otherwise use this site and/or related applications for any purpose, that constitutes or encourages a criminal offense, including but not limited to conspiring to violate laws;
- Not to misrepresent your identity, or impersonate any party, including but not limited to misrepresenting your current or previous positions, qualifications, or affiliations;
- Not to submit any material that you do not have the legal right to disclose;
- Not to submit any material that is intentionally false or misleading, or is potentially damaging or harmful;
- Not to advertise or engage in any form of marketing on this site and/or related applications or use user information obtained through this site and/or related applications for marketing or other commercial purposes, or use this site and/or related applications to post or transmit “spam”, “chain letters”, “pyramid schemes” or any other form of solicitation;
- Not to submit any material that contains software viruses or any other malicious computer code or programs that might damage, destroy or interfere with the proper functioning of any software, hardware or systems;
- Not to stalk or harass anyone;
- Not to take any action that interferes with the proper working of, or places an unreasonable burden on, the infrastructure of this site and/or related applications, or that would damage, compromise the security of, or disrupt this site, related applications or any connected network;
- Not to use this site and/or related applications to collect personal information about individuals;
- Not to post or make available private information of any third party;
- Not to use this site as a forwarding service to another website;
- Not to use this site for the purposes of monitoring functionality, performance, or other benchmarking for competitive analysis.
Trademarks and Copyrights
This site and/or related applications features trademarks, service marks and logos that are the property of Macmillan Learning and its affiliates or licensors. The site and/or related applications also may include trademarks, service marks or logos of other third parties. All of these trademarks, service marks and logos are the property of their respective owners, and you agree not to use them in any manner without the prior written permission of the applicable owner. This site and/or related applications and all contents thereof, including but not limited to text, design, graphics, interfaces and code, and the selection and arrangement thereof, is protected under the copyright laws of the United States and other countries.
Intellectual Property Rights of Others
We respect the intellectual property rights of others, and we request that our visitors do the same. If you think your work has been copied in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify our copyright agent, who can be reached at:
175 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10010
Attention: General Counsel
Please include all of the following in your notification:
- A physical or electronic signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright that is allegedly infringed;
- a description of the copyrighted work you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material you claim is infringing is located on the site;
- your address, telephone number, email address and all other information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Monitoring and Termination; Repeat Infringers
YOUR USE OF THIS SITE AND/OR RELATED APPLICATIONS IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SITE AND ANY RELATED APPLICATIONS IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. MACMILLAN LEARNING EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND ANY WARRANTIES THAT MATERIALS ON THE SITE AND/OR RELATED APPLICATIONS ARE NONINFRINGING; THAT ACCESS TO THE SITE AND/OR APPLICATIONS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; THAT THE SITE AND/OR RELATED APPLICATIONS WILL BE SECURE; THAT THE SITE AND/OR RELATED APPLICATIONS OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES THE SITE AND/OR RELATED APPLICATIONS AVAILABLE WILL BE VIRUS-FREE; OR THAT INFORMATION ON THE SITE AND/OR RELATED APPLICATIONS WILL BE COMPLETE, ACCURATE OR TIMELY. IF YOU DOWNLOAD ANY MATERIALS FROM THIS SITE AND/OR RELATED APPLICATIONS, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK. YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIALS. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM MACMILLAN LEARNING OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SITE AND/OR RELATED APPLICATIONS SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. MACMILLAN LEARNING DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OF THE MATERIALS ON THIS SITE AND/OR RELATED APPLICATIONS IN TERMS OF THEIR COMPLETENESS, CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, ADEQUACY, USEFULNESS, TIMELINESS, RELIABILITY OR OTHERWISE.
IN CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS, THE LAW MAY NOT PERMIT THE DISCLAIMER OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE DISCLAIMER MAY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, NOT APPLY TO YOU.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT NEITHER MACMILLAN LEARNING NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES, THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS, OR THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES OR LOST PROFITS RELATING TO OR RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE AND/OR RELATED APPLICATIONS OR ANY OTHER SITE AND/OR RELATED APPLICATIONS YOU ACCESS THROUGH A LINK FROM THIS SITE AND/OR RELATED APPLICATIONS OR FROM ANY ACTIONS WE TAKE OR FAIL TO TAKE AS A RESULT OF EMAIL MESSAGES YOU SEND US. THESE INCLUDE DAMAGES FOR ERRORS, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DEFECTS, DELAYS, COMPUTER VIRUSES, YOUR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO AND ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS AND DATA, AND OTHER TANGIBLE AND INTANGIBLE LOSSES.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL MACMILLAN LEARNING OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR MORE THAN THE AMOUNT IT RECEIVED FOR YOUR SUBSCRIPTION TO THIS SITE AND/OR RELATED APPLICATIONS. THIS LIMITATION APPLIES REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARE CLAIMED UNDER THE TERMS OF A CONTRACT, AS THE RESULT OF NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE ARISE OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, OR PERFORMANCE OF THE INFORMATION, SERVICES, PRODUCTS OR MATERIALS AVAILABLE FROM THIS SITE AND/OR RELATED APPLICATIONS, AND EVEN IF WE OR OUR REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN NEGLIGENT OR HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, ALL OR A PORTION OF THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
This site and/or related applications may contain links to other websites. These links are provided as a convenience to you and as an additional avenue of access to the information contained therein. We have not necessarily reviewed all the information on those other sites and are not responsible for the content of those or any other sites or any products or services that may be offered through other sites. Inclusion of links to other sites should not be viewed as an endorsement of the content of linked sites. Different terms and conditions may apply to your use of any linked sites.
How to Contact Us
E-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
Writing to us at
One New York Plaza, Suite 4500
New York, NY 10004
Attention: Director of Client Services